For: Accounts Assistant, Peterborough, Permanent, £19,000-£22,000
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05616
Our client, an established firm of Surveyors in Peterborough is looking for a candidate with a varied Accounts background and excellent attention to detail skills.
Duties to include;
• Preparing reports for authorisation by surveyor.
• Raising tenant demands rent and/or service charge, either on a monthly or quarterly (legal quarter or normal quarter) basis.
• Posting of receipts, mostly BACS, allocating to correct tenant record against correct bank nominal code.
• Sending out statements.
• Debt chasing and credit control.
• Preparing and sending out landlord statements and raising management fee invoices, reporting direct to landlords, normally on a weekly basis, but much regular around quarter days.
• Preparing all expenditure invoices for approval, coding expenditure to the correct heading and fund.
• Posting all expenditure on to the purchase ledger.
• Working out and posting tenant electricity apportionments.
• Preparing and running payment runs on a monthly basis, utility invoices on a weekly basis.
• Checking supplier statements and resolving any queries that may arise.
• Bank Reconciliations for all general and designated client accounts.
• Dealing with any adhoc queries either by phone or via e-mail.
• Monthly/quarterly VAT reporting to clients.
• VAT Returns
• Service Charge Reconciliations
• Filing - working towards paperless office.
• Following Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyor regulations (RICS Rules) of Client accounting
Hours 9 – 5:30