|Description:||For: Despatch Operative|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05597
Pay Rate - £9.30 p/h
Location: Bar Hill
Temp Role 4 Months
Monday – Friday 37.5 hours
Our client is a large manufacturing based in Bar Hill and they are looking for a despatch operative to join them on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to provide a proactive service within Dispatch to meet the needs of their internal and external customers, ensuring quality and service levels are met within the required timescales.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES ·
• Process orders for shipping, providing accurate documentation in accordance with relevant legislation, customer and carrier requirements.
• Receive and book goods in to correct locations in an accurate and timely manner, liaising with intercompany and planning teams for any discrepancies or quality issues.
• Process, pick and pack orders for machines, spares and ink in an accurate and timely manner in order to achieve on time delivery targets.
• Maintain stock to agreed levels and ensure accuracy through regular counts.
• Investigate stock discrepancies and provide feedback and actions to improve service.
• Ensure accurate and timely data capture, through scanning and desktop systems.
• Undertake all tasks as required in accordance with standard Domino working practices and quality procedure.
• Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in all areas.
• Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times .
• Carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by Despatch Co-ordinator.
• Initiating Action.
• Work Standards.
PERSON SPECIFICATION EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Good standard of education.
• Counterbalance Forklift Truck Licence advantageous.
• Current clean driving licence advantageous.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
• Experience of working in a similar environment.
• Experience of using Counterbalance Forklift truck.
• Knowledge of Oracle or similar system.
• Attention to detail.
• Work successfully to hit delivery targets.
• Ability to work to essential quality standards.
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision.