|Description:||For: Telecoms Project Coordinator Permanent - £25,000 - £30,000 - Peterborough|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05604
Our client is seeking a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for overseeing and managing varying sized projects and contracts in telecommunications infrastructure.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to oversee and manage the projects ensuring they are efficient and profitable with a high standard of compliance.
Applicants must come from a telecoms background.
• Allocation of work tasks to the most appropriate Engineering resource taking into account skills, availability and priority of jobs issued by the customer.
• Action and /or escalate fluidity issues that prevent progression of work.
• Complete project work reviews and updates at the frequency required both internally and by the client.
• Liaise with Logistics department where required to ensure engineering teams are fully equipped to deliver their projects each day.
• Liaise with field based Supervisors where required to resolve technical/engineering project problems.
• Review and verify new jobs issued by the client for fluidity and delivery issues in-line with the client processes.
• Oversee all administration activities linked to projects including job document returns & storage, timesheet management, stoppage recording, system updates (client and internal) and general provision & storage of information to support projects.
• Support administration of finances and reconciliation of timesheets and preparation of self-billing invoices for contractors.
• Compile weekly payment measure to allow payment of subcontractors and for P&L analysis.
• Review Engineering productivity through Output related KPIs to ensure ongoing maximum output productivity from operational field workforce.
• Manage projects using the tools provided to ensure they are delivered on time, in budget and with all the required information to allow swift payment by the client.
• Develop and update rolling 4-week forward programme
• Provide timely and accurate updates and reporting to the client by email, web, phone calls and spread sheets.
• Provide timely and accurate internal reports relating to Project performance, Engineering Productivity and Financial performance as required by the business.
• Provide regular updates to the Operations Supervisor to drive compliance improvement within Engineering across the use of Mobile Technology to provide real time updates, Quality of Workmanship (if raised by client), Availability of teams, Productivity, Quality of Job Packs and Paperwork, Attitude and other Engineering team issues that are affecting Service delivery of payment of works from the client.
• Maintain exceptional level of customer service through regular communication and reporting of project progress or other methods as requested by the client.
• Demonstrable customer service skills and passionate about meeting customer expectations.
• Experience working in a fast-paced high pressured environment and good time management skills
• Good IT skills including MS Office and email
• Good verbal and written communication skills to ensure accurate information is given quickly and clearly.
• Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
• Previous experience managing and motivating people.
• Experience of utilities / construction preferable.