|Description:||For: Senior Market Analyst, Godmanchester|
£45,000 - £50,000 p.a.
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05561
To utilise business trends and market research skills and knowledge to help identify new materials and device based technologies, applications and product areas that fit within our client’s business aspirations and to undertake market needs analysis, competitive analysis and business strategy development for the client’s existing technologies.
To provide business and market-led analysis and insight to complement technology-push idea generation from the more scientifically-focussed team members, enabling holistic decisions to be made on whether to progress new technologies, applications and product ideas to the next phase of Research & Development.
Support the activity using business background, communication and report preparation as well as providing leadership skills to the development of phase 0 and phase 1 proposals.
Ensure good coordination between the client’s Research Planning and Coordination Department and research groups in the development and preparation of these proposals so they meet the needs to make valid decisions.
Identify enterprises that the client might want to build a relationship with to accelerate development of technologies and applications, ensuring clear justifications are made and with consideration to the potential business collaboration framework and obtain the support from the appropriate people in for the proposal.
• Identify and evaluate material and device based new business ideas and opportunities according to the company criteria with focus on the business potential and market-led justification and with critical insight to the technological aspects of the proposals.
• Carry out the supporting market studies for new and existing technologies, application and products ideas, including appropriate market segmentation studies to identify the size and needs of addressable market segments.
• Provide market and competitor intelligence in a broad range of sectors including Printed Electronics, Information technology, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Energy and Environment.
• Conduct analysis of new business ideas and technologies to identify target position in the value chain for the client, develop exploitation scenarios and assess target cost point for materials and/or technologies.
• Prepare phase 0 and phase 1 documentation which meets the needs to making timely and valid decisions regarding new technologies. Ensure information covers all the aspects required according to the client’s new project proposal process.
• Develop and maintain contact strategy to establish new leads and business relationships with enterprises which have complementary technologies to the client’s in order to reduce time from research concept to new products.
• Respond to incoming Requests for Information in a professional and creative manner.
• Represent the client at industry events, conferences and new business events and organise professional participation at agreed trade shows and events.
• Support the client’s projects with European market analysis, identify market entry opportunities as well as customers.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Working closely with the Director, Innovation, CTO, the Strategic Executive, Programme Managers and the wider team, support the aspirations of the team and the development of clear proposals and business cases across the client’s technologies.
• Work closely with team members to ensure the project meets expectations.
• Regular engagement with other technical leaders to ensure business and market support is provided as needed across the breath of technologies.
• A first degree or equivalent experience in a physical science or engineering discipline is essential
• Successful candidates are likely to have held roles in market analysis or business development and will have demonstrable experience of effective market research & analysis and/or business development within materials, chemical, scientific or technical industrial sector.
• Proven track record of making sound business and market-led recommendations.
• Demonstrable record of initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party enterprises.
• Strong internal and external networking skills and track record of utilising networks to benefit the organisation.
• Excellent report writing, preparation and presentation skills.
• Enthusiastic with drive to understand market, business and technical aspects of new technologies and opportunities.
• Ability to identify gaps in the client’s network with external enterprises/Universities and to creatively identify partners to close such gaps.
• Ability to think, plan and execute strategically while maintaining focus to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrate excellent ability to communicate business and market concepts and exploitation strategies clearly and synergistically with technological aspects.
• Ability to communicate complex business cases and technologies to a range of senior management and technically focused peers.