|Description:||For: Concierge Customer Service Assistant (987999)|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05559
Concierge Customer Service Assistant – Cambridge - £9.03 ph
To provide an effective, high quality concierge/meet and greet service to the external and internal customers of Cambridge City Council.
Giving advice, providing accurate information and assisted self-service to customers using a range of technology and equipment you will provide a high level transactional service to customers covering the wide range of services provided by the Council.
Predominantly assisting customers face to face, you will also support customers using the internet, by telephone and electronic channels.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Principally located at the Guildhall, receive and assist visitors to the Council, resolving general customer queries at first point of contact using all available databases and technology, ensuring customers receive a comprehensive service.
2. Pro-actively assist customers to resolve queries themselves by supporting their use of self-service technology (internet forms, web cam interactions or telephone).
3. Supports the customer and solves their issue in the most efficient way possible in a single contact, in line with customer service standards.
4. Strive to exceed customer’s expectations and focus on providing consistent service excellence
5. Gather customer satisfaction information as required and identify unique or repeat process issues, providing feedback to team leaders, to ensure process improvements, and therefore customer satisfaction, are achieved through continual enhancements.
6. Participate in a rota to cover the general reception desk, front service desks, call handling and central post/scanning team activities across customer services as demand requires.
7. In line with agreed procedures, and following prescribed training techniques, intervene and protect staff safety by taking the appropriate action should customer behaviour require their presence in Council Offices to be ended.
8. Work as a flexible and effective team member supporting other customer service team members with their queries as necessary.
9. Takes an active role in team-working and providing support to colleagues by attending and contributing to team briefings, updates and feedback sessions.
10. Accurately and efficiently inputs updates, deletes, retrieves, adds and amends customers data in the appropriate database, whilst actively recognises the need for customer confidentiality.
In undertaking this post you are required to:
- Wear the uniform provided, observing the uniform guidelines at all times during working hours
- To ensure confidentiality at all times in all matters relating to any work or communication within the Department and the City Council.