|Description:||For: Calibration Data Management Analyst ( 7311149 ) – Peterborough – 12 months |
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05546
To perform flash file analysis and calibration data management assignments in line with current product and NPI programme requirements. Building a working knowledge of Caterpillar and the products, technologies, processes, and systems related to specific job assignments is expected.
These flash files are essential for delivering quality and timely software solutions for use by production, product development, product support and machine customers worldwide
• Follow detailed procedures and use software tools to compile different elements of the calibration ready for Flashfile build
• Operate the hardware in loop (HIL) simulation test bench to validate the flashfiles upon completion of flashfile build
• Compare simulation data with reference data and communicate discrepancies
• Sign off flashfile release upon completion of validation
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with process partners through all stages of the flashfile release process - key relationships include: Flashfile delivery team leader, calibration owners, core engine software developers, GED-IN FF analysts.
These roles exist in the IPSD and ITDD divisions, across a number of business units and global locations (Product Engineering inc. GED, Cat Electronics, Machine Integration Team)
• Support continuous process improvement activities embracing Built in Quality (inc. HIL bench automation and script development).
Document all defects through Built in Quality and collaborate with process partners to resolve quality issues.
• Responsibility for assignment, visibility and security permissions for users of individual components within the vCDM component library
• Definition of the vCDM component library, individual library components, vCDM project structure, new product attributes and work packages for NPI programmes (inc. new content on existing engine platforms)
• Collaborate with vCDM architect to to enhance processes
• Create new releases of the component library within vCDM
• Merging of calibration data changes within component library
• Release of calibration component libraries to enable FF population
• Issue & conflict resolution
• Execution of changes to work packages as a result of new or changed content
• Creation of vCDM calibration projects and datasets for specific FF releases
• Responsible for user case permissions at vCDM calibration project level for calibration projects and datasets
• Population of vCDM calibration project datasets with data from a released calibration component library
• Import data from vCDM calibration project dataset into applicable Forcast template
• Forecast template / work order lockdown to enable FF build to proceed
• Effective communication
• Effective time management / priority setting
• Collaborative approach to problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of electronically controlled engines