|Description:||For: HR Advisor |
£28,329 - £32,947 per annum
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05540
Key Result Areas/Overview
Work with line managers to achieve shared organisational objectives and support business aims.
Provide employment advice and guidance to managers and employees.
Advise on the drawing up and issuing employment contracts and variations.
Key Responsibilities / Specific Duties
1. Support the Head of People and Organisational Development in the delivery of the HR service to the Council.
2. Under the direction of the Senior HR Advisor, manage casework on a range of employee relation matters.
3. Act as the main point of contact for employment queries including contractual and policy related
4. Provide management information including producing statistical reports on absence, turnover, recruitment, employee development opportunities, training, equalities in line with reporting periods for EMT and PFH
5. Contribute to review and revision of HR policies and procedures.
Ensure that changes and new policies are effectively communicated to managers. Support and coach managers in the application of policies.
6. Support managers with service restructures and change.
Be involved at the planning stage and development of consultation papers; support team and individual communications (121s etc); advise managers on process; ensure meaningful consultation with employees and Trade Unions; support implementation of proposals; and provide support to affected employees.
7. Assist with the monitoring of the HR and Corporate Training budgets including invoice processing and recording.
8. Support and assist with the job evaluation of new posts and regrading applications.
9. Identify and highlight development requirements, both individual and team, propose learning and team development solutions.
10. Provide HR support to corporate projects and initiatives as required.
Contribute to the development and delivery of the Councils operational HR service
Act as an ambassador for the service ensuring that it is well respected and trusted as a business partner
Ensure that the Senior HR Advisor is made aware of any sensitive or serious employee relations issues as they arise
Ensure effective communication between the HR service and departments
reliable advice on the use of policies and processes to deliver a high quality service and good outcomes
Contribute to improvements in attendance levels by proactively working with line managers to encourage attendance and manage cases. Ensure that absence is accurately recorded and monitored
Contribute to the development and delivery of people centre initiatives health and wellbeing, learning, benefits
Support and, participate on corporate project groups
Key Contacts / Communication Links
Employees at all levels, Executive Management Team, Elected Members, local branch Trade Unions
External: Training and wellbeing providers, temporary worker agencies, shared service partners, other councils and organisations, Trade Unions, Local Government employers organisations, occupational health providers, LGPS administration and external legal advisors.
Full time 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday.
Flexible working, no core hours.