|Description:||For: Senior Customer Service Advisor (989002)|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05589
£11.63 per hour
Cambridge – Central
Our Client works within the Public Sector and is situated within easy access of public transport in Cambridge City Centre. Working within a busy customer service department you will be tasked with effectively providing a high-quality advice, information and transactional service to customers covering a wide range of services. Enquiries are received on the telephone, by email and face to face. In addition to this you will also be required to assist the Team Leader in guiding, coaching, mentoring and training team members.
• Receive inbound telephone calls, emails from customers enquiring about the full range of services.
• Update and maintain accurate and timely data on the system.
• Participate in a rota to cover the general reception desk, front service desks and telephone work stations.
• Liaise with all other Council sections and departments to ensure handover of actions as necessary
• To ensure that as many enquiries as possible are resolved appropriately and satisfactorily at the first point of contact in line with Customer Service Standards
• Collect and handle cash paid in for Council services
• Receive and assist visitors telephoning and visiting the Council to ensure customers receive a comprehensive and accurate service
• Use IT and telephony systems to manage and record enquiries, retrieve information to resolve customer enquiries
• Access administrative systems in Council Departments to answer questions and to limit repeat contacts from the customer by proactively checking for outstanding outbound communications from City Council departments
• Gather customer satisfaction information as required and identify process improvements to ensure customer satisfaction
• Assist in training/mentoring of new staff giving advice and guidance as required
• In addition to answering general enquiries and complaints, assist customers/clients to resolve more in-depth, or specialist enquiries
The successful candidate will have previous Customer Service experience in a high-volume environment, ideally within a contact centre environment. Previous Public Sector experience is a real advantage. You will be accessing multiple systems during each customer interaction so will also need accurate and efficient PC skills.
Duration: Temporary assignment for a period of 2 – 3 months.
Hours: 09.00 – 17.15 Monday to Friday