|Description:||Payroll Administrator, Peterborough, Permanent, £18,000-£22,000|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05513
Our Peterborough based client offers a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner-managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals in Peterborough and the surrounding areas.
An opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Administrator to join their team in Peterborough. This role would suit an experienced Payroll Administrator with strong SAGE Payroll software experience, the ability to work at pace balancing multiple priorities and possessing excellent communication skills.
• Administration of all stages of payroll processing for a portfolio of outsourced payrolls, including scanning information and monitoring the payroll processing cycle to ensure that information on payroll spreadsheets is maintained and kept up-to-date at all times
• Payroll processing including submissions to HMRC
• Preparation of letters, payroll reports and payslips for submission to clients
• Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs when dealing with payroll related queries
• Assistance with billing, including preparation and submission of invoices to clients
• General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation
• Ability to communicate with both clients and HMRC
• Experience within a payroll office / bureau environment
• Use of own initiative to follow processes through
• Conversant with Sage Payroll software
• Able to make manual adjustments/calculations to include maternity pay
• IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel)
• Strong attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn.