|For: Project Manager (7017298) - 12 months|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05377
Project Manager (7017298) – 12 months – Peterborough - £23.91 - £35.86 ph
The European Global Management team is a dynamic team within the Caterpillar Enterprise supporting over 35 projects both internally and externally.
The team consists of project planning professionals and project managers.
The team has an exciting opportunity for a project manager to join the team working within a fast-paced environment.
To lead the allocated project(s) to ensure the projects are delivered on time, to cost and quality. To develop relationships with the key team members in order to motivate and drive the project forward.
Ensuring timely reports are produced to communicate project progress to the Senior Leadership Team.
• Management and accountability for the portfolio of projects
• Monitoring project progress and performance
• Regular stakeholder reporting
• Proven risk management experience
• Work with partners, monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget.
• Attend business meetings with partners
• Resource management - Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules
• Management of project/programme budgets
• Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
• Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management.
• Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams
• Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
• Requires ability to learn Caterpillar project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
• This position requires a four year college or university degree or equivalent experience within the project management field
• Eight to twelve years of job-related experience in project management
• Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills
• Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desired.
• Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
• Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience desirable) MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools.
Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems.
Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
• Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers is highly desirable
• Previous experience working with Innovate UK & ETI would be desirable but not essential
• Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification is highly desired