|Description:||For: Housing Options Officer|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05313
£20.00 per hour
08.45 – 17.15, Monday to Friday
Purpose of The Post
To investigate and advise on determination of all homelessness applications made to the Council and to comply with duties under homelessness legislation.
To assist the Housing Options Team Leader in providing a comprehensive housing advice service to all Fenland residents on housing and related matters.
To achieve homelessness prevention for our clients where appropriate.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
• To interview clients who are homeless or threatened with homelessness in accordance with Homelessness Act 2002 and recommend the appropriate decision to the Housing Options Team Leader.
Interviews will be conducted at various locations.
• To carry out investigations and assessments of homelessness applications for assistance under the homeless legislation.
• To provide housing advice and assistance in preventing homelessness by telephone, in writing or in person to clients wherever possible.
• To liaise and negotiate with Landlords, Citizens Advice Bureau, Local Authorities, Police, Doctors, Community Psychiatric Nurses etc. by telephone, in writing or in person.
• To arrange the provision of interim accommodation for homeless clients where necessary and also ensure the protection and storage of furniture where appropriate.
• To do home visits with Registered Providers or other agencies when required.
• To ensure that information is updated on the computer systems used for homelessness and the Housing Register.
• To collate data for the Housing Options Team Leader relating to the provision of interim accommodation in Bed and Breakfast and the Hostel for budget management purposes.
• To raise and progress orders for interim accommodation and taxis.
• To assist in the archiving of completed applications and other documents as required.
Candidates need to have a comprehensive knowledge of Homelessness with previous experience within a similar role.