|For: Book Keeper - 2 months|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05276
Bookkeeper – Peterborough - £10.00-£12.00 ph
A vacancy has arisen in a small and friendly local business for a book keeper.
Some of your duties will include the following:
Reporting to the owner/managing director, duties will include:
• Purchase Ledger
• Inputting purchase invoices
• Paying suppliers to terms
• Sending remittances
• Reconciling supplier statements
• Maintaining up to date supplier records - Sales Ledger
• Creating sales invoices from orders
• Recording of customer receipts
• Producing and sending customer statements
• Chasing customers for payment
• Maintaining up to date customer records Bank Reconciliations
• Daily reconciliation of bank account VAT
• Preparation of quarterly VAT return including EC Sales
Lists and Intrastat Qualifications:
• Qualified to AAT level 2 certificate in Book Keeping or equivalent
• The ideal candidate will possess a pleasant and professional telephone manner as they will be the first point of contact for our customers.
• Knowledge of Sage 50 is essential as is the ability to work accurately without supervision.
• The candidate should possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• A willingness to undertake general ad hoc office tasks as necessary would be required.