|For: Credit Controller|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05272
£22,000 p.a. (plus a monthly tiered bonus scheme)
To ensure prompt collection of cash in accordance with agreed payment terms and credit limits in order to minimise bad debts and maximise cash flow.
• Ensure payments are received to agreed terms so that cash collection targets are achieved.
• Appraise customer accounts on a daily basis so that supplies are withheld for customers who exceed payment terms and credit limits.
• Assess credit limits daily and advise the relevant authority where customers that are approaching their authorized limit to ensure that the company’s credit risk exposure is controlled and bad debts are kept to a minimum.
• Identify unpaid balances that are subject to dispute/query to negotiate resolution with the Company personnel and follow up so that the customer is satisfied and payment is received promptly.
• Attend monthly debt review meetings and conference calls with the company’s depot personnel to discuss problematic overdue accounts and agree actions to ensure prompt and full resolution of all customer queries.
• To maintain and develop close relationships with external and internal customers by effective communication and exchange of information, to minimise the potential for adverse financial implications for the company.
• Produce accurate and reliable month end overdue debt reports for inclusion in the Monthly Financial Account Pack for distribution to the company’s Senior Management.
• Ensuring that close working relationships are maintained and enhanced with external and internal customers.
• To achieve and maintain low levels of overdue debt.
• Resolution of queries to the customer’s satisfaction resulting in overdue debt being paid.
• To ensure that payments are received to agreed terms.
• You may be required by your line manager or above to do other general tasks or projects that are relevant to your position.
• It may be necessary to work outside normal working hours when customer visits take place due to travelling time.
• The jobholder is required to provide cover in the absence of other team members.
• A comprehensive knowledge of Credit Control procedures in a Trade Credit environment.
• Knowledge of accounting systems, spreadsheets and general good IT literacy are essential.
• Organisational ability, including planning, prioritising and monitoring own workload.
• Ability to work as part of a team in addition to working on own initiative where necessary
• The role involves considerable contact with internal and external customers therefore a professional approach and excellent communication skills are essential.
• One to two years’ previous Credit Control experience is necessary.
• Must hold a current full UK Driving License as visits to customers and depots are required
8.30 – 17:00 Mon, Tues and Thurs
1 hour lunch break (unpaid).
20 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)