|For: Visiting Support Officer|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05248
Salary: £20,629 p.a. (£12 per hour)
1 Full-time role (37 hrs)
Our client is looking for individuals who have experience of working with older people, have an awareness of current housing issues, with regard to older people, the Care Act 2014 and safeguarding measures.
The role is based in the Housing Support Services Team. The service promotes independence for residents aged 65 and over living within South Cambridgeshire.
This is a short-term support service providing confidential, emotional, financial and practical support.
You will need to be a good organiser, able to prioritise your own workload, and have a working knowledge of word, excel and other IT applications.
You will have enthusiasm, empathy and a willingness to work with clients as you address their support needs, which may include a number of complex issues.
• Experience of administration & support services for sheltered housing
• Experience of working with older people
• Awareness of current issues, best practice in supported housing and supporting people issues.
• Experience of working with computerised housing management systems and knowledge of other computer software applications
Other Working Requirements
• Office based but you will be required to travel throughout the district where work demands as part of the job role
• Full driving licence and access to vehicle
• Participation in Emergency Rest Centre management