|Description:||For: Project Management Leader (6907481) |
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05296
Project Management Leader – Peterborough – Temporary 12 months – £22.15 - £33.22
• Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management.
• Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions.
• Plan and lead program and project planning sessions.
• Function independently to lead a large, diverse program or project planning session.
• Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
• Control the planning sessions - stop any side bar conversations constructively, and keep the team focused on the objectives.
• Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource loaded project schedules.
• Control and monitor assigned projects, analyses data from schedule updates (e.g. critical path,resource histograms), works with project team members to resolve logic errors, helps explain changes due to updates, and updates plan according to actions taken by the project team to resolve schedule problems.
• Analyse project schedule information (e.g. critical path) and provide recommendations for corrective action.
• Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
• Act as the lead PMO person for interfacing with internal and possibly external customers
• Requires ability to learn Caterpillar project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
• Management and accountability for the portfolio of projects
• This position requires a four year college or university degree.
• Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers is highly desirable.
• Eight to twelve years of job-related experience in program management are required with experience in Engineering, project management or NPI is highly desirable.
• Must have very strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills, strong meeting facilitation skills, and the ability to influence others without having authority.
• Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desired.
• Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
• Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project essential,Primavera desirable) MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing
• Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems.
• Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
• Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
• Previous experience in a research environment or with engines would be beneficial but is not required.
• Previous experience working with Innovate UK & ETI would be desirable but not essential