|Description:||For: Semi Senior Accountant|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05164
Semi Senior Accountant - Peterborough - Permanent - £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Our client are seeking an Accounts Semi Senior to undertake accounts preparation jobs and production of corporate tax computations, ensuring deadlines are met and compliance with necessary regulations. You'll be completing the job as far as possible before passing work on for review.
This work is across a range of sectors including Agriculture and rural business, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Engineering, Not for Profit, Property and Construction.
• Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate supervisor, manager or partner
• Prepare management accounts, cash-flow forecasts and other similar reports to assist clients in running their businesses
• Work on a wide range of clients
• Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and schedule
• Corporation tax computations and returns for review
• Occasional VAT returns
• Occasional support to the audit teams, on audit assignments.
• AAT qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA with at least two years experience in practice
• Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation
• Strong double entry knowledge and skill
• Ideally a good working knowledge of SAGE, and other IT packages, although training would be available
• Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
• Organisational/time management skills
• Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills
• Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
• Methodical and logical thinking
• Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions
• High personal standards
• Motivated, enthusiastic and hard working, reflecting the culture of the rest of the team.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year, 1% pension match rising to 5% with service, life assurance x 4 salary