|Title:||Outsourcing Accountant (VR/05137)|
|Date Posted:||11th June 2017|
|Salary/Rate:||£20,000 - £25,000 pa|
|Description:||For: Outsourcing Accountant - Peterborough – Permanent - £20,000 - £25,000 pa|
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05137
Our team in Peterborough offer a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner-managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals in the Peterborough, Stamford, Huntingdon and Fenland areas.
Our accountants, tax and business advisers have been offering specialist advice in Peterborough since 1977.
We're seeking a talented Outsourcing Accountant to prepare management and statutory accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders. You'll also have the opportunity to prepare submissions for VAT.
We know the importance of seizing the advantage in a constantly evolving environment. We appreciate the powerful forces that motivate both small & medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger enterprises chasing growth.
Our values underpin how our people and clients experience. Through our core values of Service; Teamwork; Attitude and Relationships, we can help you achieve your goals.
• The preparation of management accounts, including posting to Xero, Sage Line 50, or equivalent software, where we maintain the clients records, from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
• Work on a wide range of statutory accounts
• Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and time is fully utilised
• VAT returns
• Billing (where appropriate)
• Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
• Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 and other accounting software.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• AAT level 4 qualified or qualified by experience
• Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
• Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge and skill
• Good working knowledge of Xero, Sage and other accounting software packages
• Basic tax knowledge – how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Organisational/time management skills
• Communication – demonstrable written, verbal and active listening skills
• Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
• Methodical and logical thinking
• Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.