|Title:||Income Assistant - VR/03806|
|Date Posted:||4th February 2015|
|Type:||6 Month Contract|
|Description:||The main purpose of this position is creating, monitoring and maintaining debtor records and making decisions on debt repayment/recovery action. Undertaking the collection of money owed. |
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain accurate debtor records by creating debtor accounts, monitoring payments against debtors raised or methods of debt recovery.
• Maintain good debtor relationships; ensuring respective services are aware of their position and also relationships with external clients.
• Undertake debt recovery, in line with practices, to ensure that unpaid debt is recovered in the most prompt and cost effective way possible.
• Responding to debtor queries in the most effective way possible.
• Collating debt information in an effective manner and referring to other departments or external agencies, as appropriate, so debt recovery action can be undertaken, including authorisation for write-off (as a last resort).
• Provide training to new members of staff in the departments who process debtor invoices.
• Assisting other members of the Income Team with duties relating to debt recovery at times of peak workload
• Ensuring the health and safety of themselves and other employees and visitors to the premises.
Skills / Experience:
• The importance of prompt and accurate debt management.
• Awareness of data protection and the requirements of confidentiality.
• Self-reliant & proactive and able to work on own initiative.
• Ability to balance challenging priorities.
Strong attention to detail in a financial environment, numerically literate.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Competency in the use of MS Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook, financial management system and other departmental systems.
37 hours per week
09:00 – 17:00 (Flexi Policy)